A Project to undertake a feasibility study into the establishment of a member based organisation for the peer workforce in Australia.
The Network has formed a Consortium with the National Mental Health Consumer and Carer Forum and the National Mental Health Commission to respond to the significant gap in Australia for a peak entity which can function as a member- based organisation to bring the peer workforce together in this exciting 18 month project.
Download the Project Communique for a detailed overview of the project
Peer workers bring their valuable lived experience and unique skills to the mental health workforce and are able to establish valuable connections to assist others in the recovery journey. Building our peer workforce is essential. Having a dedicated organisation or association to support mental health peer workers is the next vital step. We want to consult with as many mental health peer workers as possible between now and late 2018.
We will be:
We want to hear from you
- Undertaking an Australian and International review
- Scoping for a better understand of the peer workforce
- Conducting workshops in all Australian capital cities
- Collaborating and communicating with other organisations engaged in supporting peer workers.
- Developing a model for a National Peer Organisation
- Having a booth at the TheMHS 2017 Conference, call in to see us.
- Supporting the development of educational material focused on the employer
REGISTER HERE to receive updates about the project and details of the upcoming consultations.
The South Australian Consultation will be held on:
Thursday 7th December 2017
Walkerville Town Hall, 66 Walkerville Terrace, Gilberton SA
Morning Tea provided
RSVP by 27.11.2017 to email@example.com